European Blackjack offers the same style of Blackjack play found in most European casinos. We've also included some exciting extras such as the opportunity to resplit and play split Aces just like any other card.
Welcome to European Blackjack!
European Blackjack offers the same style of Blackjack play found in most European casinos. We’ve also included some exciting extras such as the opportunity to resplit and play split Aces just like any other card.
List of Features
- No special sign up required, you can use your regular Paddy Power account.
- Double down is possible on any two cards
- Amazing graphics and sounds
- Available to play 24/7
- Exciting extras such as the opportunity to resplit and play split Aces just like any other card
How To Play
Buying Credits to Play Game
- To play the game you need to buy credits.
- In the Buy In screen, select the amount of credits that you wish to purchase and click the Buy In button.
- To purchase more credits whilst in a game, go to Options and click the Buyin/Cashout button.
Changing Credit Value
- Click on the ‘Credit Value’ button on the top bar to change the credit value.
- Select the credit value you wish to purchase – the game will reload with your new credit value.
- The value will be displayed in the ‘Credit Value’ button on the top bar.
- When you exit a game, your funds are immediately saved, transferred and returned to your games/sportsbook balance.
- If you wish to withdraw funds while in a game, go to Options and click the Buyin/Cashout button.
Select your stake - to play European Blackjack, select a chip value by clicking a chip at the bottom of the playing field. The chip you select brightens and displays in a raised position.
Place your bet - click the bet circle in the center of table. Each time you click, you place one chip on the table. Your bet must be at least as large as the minimum bet and cannot exceed the maximum bet.
Deal - After you place your bet, click the DEAL button.
If you wish to repeat your last bet and play immediately after completing a game, click the REBET AND DEAL button. If you have sufficient credits, this button restores your previous bets and initiates play all in one click. If you wish to repeat your last bet without initiating a new game, click the REBET button. This restores your previous bets. If you wish, you can adjust any bet. You still need to click the DEAL button to initiate play.
The DOUBLE BET button causes your currently placed bet to be doubled every time you click it. If doubling your current bet would cause a bet to exceed the bet limit, then the DOUBLE BET button is not available. If you click the DOUBLE BET button before placing a bet, this is equivalent to first clicking the REBET button and then the DOUBLE BET button. You will still need to click the DEAL button to initiate play.
To remove a bet from the table, either press the SHIFT key and click your chips on the felt, or click the CLEAR button.
Playing a Hand of Blackjack
All face cards are worth 10, Aces are worth either 1 or 11, and all other cards are worth their face value. A Blackjack occurs when the card value total of a hand's first two cards sums to 21 by getting an Ace and a 10-value card.
If the Dealer's face up card is an Ace, you are offered Insurance against a Dealer’s Blackjack, which you can accept or decline. If you accept, this automatically places another bet equal to half of your original bet. After you play out your hand, if the Dealer has Blackjack, then your Insurance Bet is paid 2 to 1.
If your first two cards form a Blackjack, then you are a guaranteed winner. If the Dealer does not have Blackjack, you win 3 to 2 on your bet. If the Dealer also has a Blackjack, then it is a tie, and you win your bet back.
If you do not have a Blackjack, then you are given the opportunity to try to improve the outcome of your hand. Depending on the cards you hold, you may choose one of the following options:
HIT - You request an additional card. You can continue to request additional cards until you decide to stand or until your card value total is 21 (automatic stop) or until you bust by receiving a card that causes your card value total to exceed 21. If you bust, that hand loses and your bet is forfeited.
STAND - You request no further cards and play this hand against the Dealer's hand.
SPLIT - If the first two cards in a hand are of the same value, you may click SPLIT to split your cards into two separate hands, which also places an additional bet equal to the original bet. (A split hand leading to a two card value total of 21 is not a Blackjack.) European Blackjack features the ability to resplit each split hand once. To do so, click SPLIT again. Another bet equal to the original bet will be placed. Unlike most Blackjack games, European Blackjack has no special restriction on split Aces. You may treat split Aces just like any other split card.
DOUBLE DOWN - On the first two cards in a hand, you may click DOUBLE DOWN to automatically double your original bet and receive exactly one additional card. You may also double down on the first two cards of any split or resplit hands.
The card value total is displayed on circular plaques adjacent to each hand. As cards are dealt to a hand, the plaque displays an updated card value total. When your hand holds an Ace and the plaque flashes the card value total and the word "Soft", the value displayed is based on counting the Ace as an 11 rather than a 1 (for example, a 5 and an Ace are shown as a "Soft 16").
When comparing your hand versus the Dealer's hand, Aces are evaluated such that they represent the highest possible card value total not exceeding 21.
After you have played out your hand without exceeding 21, the Dealer’s hand will be played out.
If the Dealer's hand is a Blackjack, then all bets are forfeited, and the game ends. (The exception is when you also have a Blackjack in which case your bet is returned.)
If the Dealer's card value total is 16 or lower, additional cards are dealt until the card value total is 17 or higher. If the Dealer's card value total exceeds 21, then the Dealer busts and any of your standing hands win. Otherwise, the Dealer’s card value total is compared against each of your hands. In the case of a tie, this is a push and your bet for that hand is returned.
If your hand busts (total value exceeds 21) then the Dealer will only be dealt a second card in the case where the Dealer’s first card is an Ace and you placed an Insurance bet.
If the Dealer's face up card is an Ace, you can choose to place an Insurance Bet. Click the YES button to accept the Insurance Bet, or click the NO button to decline the Insurance Bet.
The Insurance Bet, if accepted, is half of the main bet.
If the Dealer has a Blackjack, then each Insurance Bet is paid at 2 to 1; if the Dealer does not have Blackjack, then each Insurance Bet is forfeited.
Rules - Player
- Blackjack pays 3 to 2.
- Double down is possible on any two cards.
- One resplit allowed per originally split card.
- Player may double down on an initial two card hands of a split or resplit hand.
- Player may treat split Aces just like any other split card.
- Blackjack only possible on first two cards on each hand (and not on split or resplit cards).
- Player may draw a maximum of eight cards for any hand. An eight-card Player hand whose value does not exceed 21 beats all Dealer outcomes except for Dealer Blackjack.
Rules - Dealer
- Dealer must draw to 16.
- Dealer must stand on all 17's. This includes soft values where an Ace can be counted as an 11 value.
- Insurance Bets are offered when the Dealer's face up card is an Ace. Subsequent Dealer Blackjack will pay 2 to 1 on any Insurance Bet.
- Dealer Blackjack beats all Player outcomes causing loss of all Player main bets. The exception is when Player and Dealer both have Blackjack, in which case the bet is returned to the Player.
- 6 decks of standard playing cards, shuffled for each hand of play.
- Malfunction voids all pays and play.
The long-term, average expected Return to Player % is 99.70% based on optimal playing strategy.
Click here to play classic Online Blackjack.