Feel the exuberance of a night out at the tracks from the comfort of your own home. Paddy Power brings you a fixed-odds game based on greyhound racing. The game allows you to bet on an either a 6-dog race or an 8-dog race and then watch the race with high quality animations.
Virtual Dog Racing -Getting Started
When you first open the game, you will see the betting screen. Here you can place your bets, and decide whether you want to watch the race or go straight to the result. If you want to go straight to the result, just select the “Turbo” setting. The option to bet on a 6-dog race or an 8-dog race is also available.
Game Play-Placing your bets
- Choose your stake from the selection of chips at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a runner by clicking on the dog’s name, the odds or on the forecast bet option of your choice. A chip will be displayed next to the bet option you selected.
- You may place as many bets as you like on each race, provided that your potential winnings do not exceed the maximum payout for a single game.
- For each bet option, the odds are displayed. Note that for place bets, the odds are one-fifth of the win odds in an 8-dog race and one-quarter of the win odds in a 6-dog race.
- The odds for all place bets are displayed when you roll your mouse over the box to the right of any dog's name, beneath the heading 'Place'.
- To bet on a single race, press 'Bet Now'.
Viewing the Race
- Once you press 'Bet Now', you will be taken to the race viewer screen, and an animation of the race will be played.
- Throughout the race, the three leading dogs are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- At any point during the race, you can press 'Skip' to skip to the end of the race and see the photo finish with the results.
The long-term, average expected Return to Player percentage is 90.49% for the 8-dog race and 90.59% for the 6-dog race.
System malfunction voids all plays.