All the pulse racing excitement of a day at the races. Virtual Horses is a fixed-odds game based on horse racing. The game allows you to bet on an eight-horse race and then watch the race with high quality animations and commentary. There are 72 different bets available for each race. So why leave home?
Liked this? Try these:
"All the excitment of the race track ,although,im sure id make a better commentator;"
ABOUT THE GAME
Virtual Horses is a fixed-odds game based on horse racing. The game allows you to bet on an eight-horse race and then watch the race with high quality animations and commentary. There are 72 different bets available for each race, including the outright winner of the race, to be placed (ie. a bet on a horse to finish in the first three) and forecast bets (where you predict the first two finishers in the race in the correct order).
GAME PLAY - GETTING STARTED
- When you first open the game, you will see the betting screen. Here you can place your bets, and decide whether you want to watch the race or go straight to the result.
- You can see the names of the horses running in this race and view the results of previous races.
- In the Results' box, the saddle cloth numbers of the horses are displayed rather than the names.
GAME PLAY – PLACING YOUR BETS
- Choose your stake from the selection of chips at the bottom of the screen.
- To place a bet, click on the horse name, the odds or on the forecast bet option of your choice.
- A chip will be displayed next to the bet option you selected.
- To make a bet on a horse to be placed, be sure to position your chip(s) in the box to the right of the horse's name, beneath the heading 'Place'.
- You may place as many bets as you like on each race, provided that your potential winnings do not exceed the maximum payout for a single game.
- You may choose different stakes for each of your bets - just select a new chip value or place multiple chips on each bet option.
- The total amount you have staked will be shown in the TOTAL STAKE box.
- For each bet option the odds are displayed. Note that for place bets, the odds are one-fifth of the win odds. The odds for all place bets are displayed when you roll your mouse over the box to the right of any horse's name, beneath the heading 'Place'.
- To bet on a single race, press 'Bet Now'.
VIEWING THE RACE
- Once you press 'Bet Now', you will be taken to the race viewer screen, and an animation of the race will be played.
- Throughout the race, the three leading horses are displayed at the bottom of the screen, and a commentary keeps you updated on the action too.
- At any point during the race, you can press 'Skip' to skip to the end of the race and see the photo finish with the results.
If you do not want to watch the race at all, switch on 'Turbo Bet' before you press 'Bet Now' on the betting screen. Then when you place 'Bet Now', the photo finish and the results will be displayed immediately.
- By selecting 'Auto Bet' you can choose to place the same bets on up to 10 races automatically, one after the other. Make your bet selections as normal then press the 'Auto Bet' button to select the number of 'Auto Bets' you want before clicking the 'Bet Now' button.
- In 'Auto Bet' mode, your repeat bets are placed on the saddle cloth number rather than the horse name, since the names change for each race.
- You can stop 'Auto Bet' from continuing on to the next bet by pressing 'Stop Auto Bet' whenever it appears briefly on screen between races.
- While in 'Auto Bet' mode, depending on whether or not you want to watch the races, remember to switch 'Turbo Mode' on/off before you press 'Bet Now'.
ANIMATION OFF: Select this from the Help/Options menu - this is the same as switching on 'Turbo Mode'.
SOUND OFF: Select this from the Help/Options menu to switch off all audio within the game.
VIRTUAL HORSES GLOSSARY
SADDLE CLOTH NUMBER: The number the horse wears on its saddle cloth. The same odds are offered for each race, meaning Horse No.1 will always be the favourite, and so it is more likely to win and therefore has the shortest odds. The higher the saddle cloth number the less likely the horse is to win, and the longer the odds.
TO WIN: A Win bet is simply predicting which horse will pass the finishing line first.
PLACE: A Place bet is available to the right of the Win bet column, the odds are displayed when you place your cursor over the box. Place bets are paid out on three places, so if the horse you choose comes first, second or third, your bet wins.
FORECAST: A Forecast bet is where you predict first and second placed horses in the correct order. Forecast bets are displayed in the bottom half of the screen and are shown in the following format: 3X2 17/1 etc... where 3X2 indicates that you predict Horse No.3 will come first and Horse No.2 will come second and the odds are 17/1.
This game has an overall average Return to Player of 90.49%. System malfunction voids all pays and play.