The War of The Worlds
Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds is a 5-reel 100-line slot machine, with each reel being 4 symbols tall. In addition to a bonus round the game features special Wild symbols which react together to fill a reel with wilds. So spin now to save Mankind!
Liked this? Try these:
"Excellent game with a good feature bonus round"
The War of The Worlds - General Information
Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds is a 5-reel 100-line slot machine, with each reel being 4 symbols tall. In addition to a bonus round (where winnings are awarded for damaging and killing the Martian Fighting Machines), the game features special Wild symbols which react together to fill a reel with wilds. These expanding wild symbols also mean it is possible to get a win on all 100 win lines at once if they expand on more than 1 reel!
When you load the game you will be given the option to load the Full high quality version of the game (which has all the animations and sounds) or the Reduced quality version which has fewer sounds and animations and lower quality graphics so the overall file size is smaller and quicker to download. The game functionality and payouts are exactly the same for both versions. After the version you have selected has all been loaded you will see the main screen:
- Press the 'STAKE UP' and 'STAKE DOWN' buttons to choose a stake per line between 1p and £1.
- Your selected stake per line will be multiplied by 100 lines. You cannot change the number of lines in this game.
- The total amount you have staked will be shown in the TOTAL STAKE box at the bottom right of the screen.
- A maximum of £100 total bet can be placed on any one game.
- Click on the 'Paytable' button to view the paytable, which shows the potential winnings for each reel combination, scatters, bonuses etc.
How To Play
- Press 'PLAY' to start the game (Alternatively you can press the Spacebar on your keyboard to spin).
- The reels will spin and eventually stop at random.
- If the combination of symbols appearing on the reels form a line (starting from the left reel) of 3, 4 or 5 matching symbols on one of the 100 win lines then you win.
- Any symbols that were part of a win will be highlighted and your winnings will be credited to your account balance.
- The total winnings are shown in the top right and the total number of lines that had a win are shown in the bottom left of the screen.
Martian Fighting Machine Bonus
- The Martian Fighting Machine bonus game is a special bonus win, triggered by getting 3 BONUS symbols anywhere on the reels (this is a scatter win, so the BONUS symbols do not have to be on the same winline).
- There is no line win attached to the BONUS scatter win - only entry to the bonus game, which itself guarantees a win.
- When the game enters the bonus round, you will see the introduction screen showing details of the bonus game. The idea of this bonus is to shoot as many of the Martian Fighting Machines as you can before they shoot all 3 of your cannons.
- You have 3 cannons and there are 3 Martian Fighting Machines to shoot, each of your cannons can only shoot forwards at the machine in front of it (you cannot aim left or right, you can only adjust the power by pressing the Fire button at a different time).
- When the power meter is on the amount you want then press the Fire button to fire that cannon. The cannon will then be disabled for a moment while it reloads.
- If you kill all 3 of the machines then you will get onto the next stage. There are 3 stages in total and you get a bonus of 500 times your total stake if you complete them all by killing all 9 Martian Fighting Machines.
- The game ends when you have no more cannons left or when you have killed all 9 machines. You will then be awarded your winnings and taken back to the main game.
- The WILD symbol substitutes all other symbols except for the BONUS symbol to enhance your chances of getting a winning line.
- If 2 WILD symbols are revealed on the same reel - one at the top and one at the bottom - then they will expand to change the two symbols in-between them to WILD symbols as well, and so increasing your chance of getting several wins. This expanding wild event occurs even if there are no wins created.
- A row of WILD symbols on an active win line does not have any associated payout - the WILD pays only when used as a substitute for another symbol.
- By selecting 'AUTO PLAY' you can choose to place up to 25 bets automatically, one after the other. Click 'AUTO PLAY' and select the number of automatic bets you want before clicking the 'PLAY' button to start those bets.
- You can stop Auto Play from continuing onto the next spin by clicking 'STOP AUTO' (which replaces the 'AUTO PLAY' button when you are in Auto Play - as shown in the screenshot below).
- Auto Play will turn off if you get into the bonus round.
- The Return to Player percentage for this game is 93.54%
- System malfunction voids all plays.