Online Blackjack Games - Real Money Play at Paddy Powe
If you want to race to 21, we've got many ways for you to play and win inside the Paddy Power Games blackjack lobby. Unlike like other online casinos, we work hard to make sure you not only get to play in a way that suits you, but that you get access to games that you won't find anywhere else.
Play Online Blackjack Games at Paddy Power
Blackjack with us comes in many flavours. From the traditional to the innovative, our games give you more ways to play and win than you could imagine:
The game, in general, is often known as “21 bets” or “21 online”. Why? Simple: when you play 21, the aim is to make a total of 21. Now, the way classic blackjack works, is that you don’t always have to hit 21 in order to win the round. In fact, you can win with a much lower total if the dealer busts. However, the aim each time you make a bet is to stand, hit, double and split your way as close to 21 as possible.
- A blackjack betting round starts with a player making a bet equal to or above the minimum table limit.
- The player receives two cards face up, while only one of the dealer’s two starting cards are exposed.
- The player has the option to hit (take another card for free), stand, double down (double their bet and receive one extra card) or split if they have a pair (pay an extra bet to split their cards into two separate hands).
- Once the player stands, the action moves over to the dealer.
- The dealer must hit on any total below 16 and continue to hit until they have 17+.
- Once the dealer stands, the two totals are compared and the one that’s closest to 21 (or 21 exactly) wins. If the player goes over 21, they automatically lose. If the dealer goes over 21, the player automatically wins.
- In the event of a tie, or a "push", the player receives their stake back.
Popular Online Blackjack Games
Now we’ve outlined the basics, here are some of the best blackjack games we offer:
This game is a version of classic blackjack where you get to play one hand at a time. The benefit of this is that it’s easier to focus on making the right moves. What’s more, no one else can join the table and disturb the dynamics.
As its name suggests, Cashback Blackjack is a game where you can receive money back. By hitting the “cashback” button during the middle of a hand, you’ll be made an offer to end things early. This option allows you to get out if the cards aren’t going your way.
Similar to our Cashback game, Blackjack Surrender has an RTP of 99.62% if you make the optimal moves. The defining feature of this variant is that you can fold your hand (if the dealer doesn’t have blackjack) and lose half your stake before having to decide whether to hit or stand.
For an altogether more immersive 21 gambling game, our live blackjack lobby is where you need to go. This lobby allows you to access tables where real dealers are in control of the cards. Overall, each table offers a form of classic 21. However, the themes and settings will vary. What separates live dealer blackjack online from its virtual counterparts is the fact everything is real. The cards, the table, the dealers and the chat: everything is live and in your face.
Because of this, you won’t be able to play for free. However, for as little as one credit, you can join the action and get the feeling you’re sitting inside a real casino. Indeed, because our team is trained to be as efficient and engaging as possible, you’ll find that things are often more entertaining when you play live blackjack as opposed to virtual games. Here are some of your top picks:
Our mission to is to make blackjack enjoyable and accessible for all players. Because of this, we’re constantly updating our lobby to ensure it features the latest innovations. Some of our most recent additions include…
We all love it when the dealer busts because it means you automatically win the hand. However, when you play Buster Blackjack, it’s even better because a total over 21 means you could win a bonus. By making a side bet, you can bank up to 2,000X your bet each time the dealer pulls too many cards and exceeds a total of 21.
Essentially a combination of all the best blackjack games rolled into one, All Bets takes the classic format and adds six bonus options to the mix. Borrowing from Lucky Lucky and more, All Bets Blackjack is the best way to play for bonus wins in the game of 21.
How to play Blackjack – the 21 Card Game
- Player A places a one-coin bet.
- Dealer gives Player A two cards face up: 7d 6s.
- Dealer deals themselves one card face up and one face down. The exposed card is the 9h.
- Player A has a total of 13. Since they don’t have a pair, they can’t split. Additionally, because they have a total over 13, it’s not advisable to double down (some variants won’t allow you to double on totals over 11).
- Because 13 is a weak total and the dealer has a total of nine, the best move is to hit.
- Dealer deals Player A 5s.
- Player A now has 18 and decides to stand.
- Dealer exposes their face-down card which is the 8d. The dealer must stand as the rules state they must stand on 17+.
- Because neither player made blackjack (21 with an ace and a ten), the payout on a win is 1:1 instead of 3:2. Because Player A had the best total, they win two coins (their stake plus a one coin profit).
- We’ve already given you the basics of how to play 21 online. However, to make things even easier to understand, here’s an example hand so you can see exactly how things go down at the table.
Online Blackjack Card Values
In all blackjack casino games, the cards will have the same value. Regardless of whether there is one deck in play or eight, each card retains its face value except for an ace, which can either be high or low. In other words, the 3d is worth three, the 8s is worth eight. Tens, jacks, queens and kings are all worth ten. Finally, an ace can be worth one or 11. In fact, when your starting hand contains an ace, it’s known as a soft total because it can be worth the lower or the higher total. For example, Ad 5s can either be six or 16.
Play Online Casino Blackjack for Real Money
Before we leave you to try blackjack online, here’s a recap of some of the main points you’ll need to know when the cards start to fly…
As we’ve said, there are three main types of blackjack bets you can make in a standard game:
This is your starting bet and must always be equal to or above/below the table minimum/maximum.
This bet allows you to place an extra bet equal to your starting stake and receive one additional card.
You can split your starting hand into two separate ones by placing an additional bet equal to your starting stake. After splitting, re-splits and doubling down is possible.
Beyond the standard blackjack bets, the following options are also available:
If the dealer is showing an ace, you can take out insurance against them hitting blackjack. Insurance bets cost the same as your ante. If the dealer has blackjack, you’ll win 2:1 on your money.
Otherwise known as bonus bets, these wagers take into account various outcomes and can pay many times your stake.
What are the Advantages of Playing Blackjack Online?
Affordable Stakes: Because our business model is different to a live casino, we can offer you real money blackjack at a lower price.
More Variety: Without any space restrictions, we’re able to fill our gaming lobby with a greater variety of tables than a bricks and mortar venue.
Faster Action: Our software is the best in the business, which means you can play more hands per hour than you would anywhere else.
As you can see, online blackjack is a great game and, importantly, one that everyone can enjoy. To try your hand at the game of 21, make sure you login or create your first account with us today. Sign up to Paddy Power ™ Games today and find the latest Blackjack promotions, T&C’s apply.
ONLINE BLACKJACK FAQ
WHAT ARE BLACKJACK ODDS?
The odds of winning at blackjack are better than virtually any other casino game. Because you have so much control over the action, there’s more scope to employ certain strategies and techniques. Although the exact numbers will differ from variant to variant, it’s typically the case that the house edge is around 0.5% if you use correct play.
This means you’re almost a 50/50 shot against the dealer if you know how to make the right moves at the right time. Of course, blackjack odds are just like any other betting statistics in that they’re based on infinity. Therefore, you can’t expect to win every other session you play. Instead, you should, in theory, have a win rate close to 50% in the long run if you have the right strategy.
HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY CHANCES AT ONLINE BLACKJACK?
Unfortunately, we can’t tell you exactly how to win at blackjack. However, we can give you some advice that should help swing things in your favour. Firstly, learn how to master the basics. Once you’ve mastered those, bankroll management is crucial. Blackjack odds are based on infinity. Because of this, everything you do needs to be based on the long term.
In order for any strategy to be effective, you have to be able to make the moves indefinitely. Obviously, you can’t do this if you lose all of your money. Therefore, you have to know how much to bet based on the size of your bankroll. As a general rule, you should sit down at the table with no more than 3% of your total roll. By sticking to this, you should give yourself enough of a buffer to profit when times are good and survive when luck isn’t on your side.